(1). Dr. B R Ambedkar was born on 14 April 1891 at Mhow in Madhya Pradesh.
(2). Ambedkar was elected as the Chairman of the Drafting Committee of the Constituent Assembly.
(3). He is called as the father of the Indian Constitution.
(4). Bahishkrit Hitakarini Sabha was the first organization formed by Dr. Ambedkar in 1924.
(5) .Ambedkar was appointed as the first Law Minister of Independent India, but he resigned from the Cabinet on September 1951 due to differences with Nehru on the Hindu Code Bill.
(6). Ambedkar got himself converted to Buddhism on October 14, 1956.
(7). He died on December 6, 1956 at Delhi due to severe diabetic neurosis.
(8). After his death, his political party Scheduled Caste Federation was renamed as Republican Party of India in 1957 by his followers.
(9). Some of his famous books are:
* ‘The Untouchable: Who are They and Why They Have Become Untouchables’;
* ‘Buddha and His Dhamma’;
* ‘The Rise and Fall of Hindu Women‘,
* ‘Emancipation of Untouchables’,
* ‘The Evolution of Provincial Finance in British India’;
* ‘Pakistan or Partition of India‘,
* ‘Thoughts on Linguistic States’