In order to clear UPSC exam you have to know how to use technology for UPSC preparation in a effective way to gather information. So use technology but don’t get washed away in exploring it more. Some People start a facebook group and whatsapp group which will be useful for 1% and will kill time for 99%. So it is no use to join in a Facebook/Whatsapp study group.
Use Technology For UPSC Preparation:
The Internet is where all information is found. But we don’t need each and every information for clearing UPSC. We have to read what we have to read. We have to be aware which data are to be read and which are not to be. Filtering the contents found in the internet is a bit hard task. Some websites and mobile applications are there to make our work simpler. Now I’m listing some of those websites and mobile applications that you have to be with.
Before mentioning those apps and sites I request all aspirants to buy any good Laptop/Laptab/E-Reader/Tablet /Mobile] especially for reading [Read another article for best gadgets for reading. Use your money effectively. It is just an investment to gather knowledge. If you have no enough money then just try to borrow any of a gadget from friends or relatives [As Auvaiyar said “Pitchai Puginum Karkai Nandrae”].
- Constitution of India: There are dozens of apps with attractive UI and easy navigation.
- Offline Dictionary: You can even use google as a fast dictionary but keeping an offline dictionary may help you cost effectively.
- Evernote: You can gather notes and copy paste in Evernote which will save your files in cloud server so that you can get those materials both in Computer and Mobile(On the Go Reading).
- ePathshala: You must have this app, launched by Government of India. You can read all NCERT books. You need not need any separate pdf reader to read those books. Fantastic UI for reading. For NCERT books you can also use NCERT Books – Philoid application.
- EPW: Economic and Political weekly magazine is available for free of cost in our android mobile. The editorials and commentary sections will be good. The fonts and design of the app will help us to read for a longer period.
- ForumIAS: If you haven’t joined in any classes, if you do not have any study circle, if you are preparing for the exam in an isolated situation, if you think your friends are not stuff worthy to give any suggestions, if you have some doubts, if you have any one of the problem mentioned above then you should try this app. The users in the forum are very active and you will get solutions to all sort problems mentioned above.
- InsightsOnIndia: Best app for mains preparation and current affairs
- The Hindu News : You can use this app. But if you like to read this in big screens just go to Funtasticfacts website and download the full epaper for free of cost.
- Pratiyogita Darpan: Optional application. Install this app if you want to read any magazines.
- PIB News App: This is not an official app but created by a UPSC aspirant. It will bring you news in a single click.
- Appdetox: You must install this app if you are a mobile addicted aspirant. This app will help us to monitor ourselves.
Bookmark the websites I have mentioned. Have a look at those websites once a week and if it is on current affairs (gktoday, The Hindu, PRS, etc) please go through it daily.
- Mrunal: Best for Economics and Current Affiars. But some of his videos will be in Hindi onlywhich neglects major section of the society.
- ForumIAS: As I have explained you earlier this is a very useful website which acts as a study group. Instead of joining a facebook group or whatsapp group try this forum.
- Unacademy: Recently developed by RomanSaini IAS. There are large number of quality videos. You cannot download it to watch it later. But you can download videos from their youtube channel.
- Wikipedia: I guess you don’t need any introduction for this website.
- Press Information Bureau: You can collect schemes launched by Government of India and details on ISRO, DRDO and other facts on current affairs.
- PRS: Recent Drafts, Bills,Policies and Acts can be studied through this website. This will be useful for current affair related question on Indian Polity.
- IDSA: Best for Current affairs on defence and security.
- GKToday: A-Z Current affairs. It is an extra cover for PRS,The Hindu.
This category also comes under technology. Hear news analysis. If you fail to hear it you can also download. Click here to know how to download news analysis.
To write this How to Use Technology For UPSC Preparation. I have used my own experiences. If you know something applications/websites more than this list please share with us by commenting below.